WHAT IS BLOGGER?
Blogger or blogspot is the googles’ blogging site that allow users create/setup there blog for free offering free hosting and a sub-domain of .blogspot.com to get started, i.e after creating a blog using blogger.com you blog address will look like bloganame.blogspot.com .
PROS AND CONS OF USING BLOGGER
- Blogger host your blog for you on their server, so you don’t need to purchase hosting to get your blog started
- Also, blogger give you a subdomain of .blogspot.com and to change that to a top level domain you need to purchase domain from the best and trusted sellers online
- Creating blog using blogger is fast and quick, within 10 minutes you can finish creating your blog.
- lots of free themes to choose makes blogger worth trying, and you can purchase premium themes from third parties for better looks.
- Widgets available to enhance blog
- Easy to use and friendly
- You have no control over your blog, it can be deleted by google servers if you violate their terms and conditions
- It cannot be fully customized, as there is a powered by blogger link at the bottom of your blog and have few customization options.
- Have very few plugins to integerate if compared to wordpress (self hosted)
- It is only suitable for creating blogs, and can’t be used to create a community website and others
I can only recommend blogger to those who want to blog just for fun i.e hobbyists, but if you are serious about blogging Self Hosted WordPress is the best, if you want to know how to get started click here.
HOW TO GET STARTED
To create a blog using blogger, simply visit their website www.blogger.com (NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A GMAIL-GOOGLE ACCOUNT, CLICK HERE TO KNOW HOW TO CREATE IF YOU DON’T HAVE), supply your loging details I.e email and password and submit.
The blogger dashboard will then appear, at the top right find the link CREATE NEW BLOG click it, it will take you to a new page where you will fill some details and get started.
Find this help? Share it to your friends